August 12, 2013

On Turning 25.

25 before 25 bucket list

I turned 25 a week ago today. It was one of those, hey, I guess I'm an adult now birthdays. Partially because I'm married now, and partially because I spent the day working. These things feel very adult after spending my last birthday riding roller coasters in Germany. 

Remember my [25 before 25] list I made 18 months ago? I thought I'd re-visit it to see how many items I was able to complete! New text in blue!


1. Go to a movie at the theatre—alone. (I NEVER ended up doing this! And it could have been so easy. I lived a couple blocks from a theatre for over a year of this project. LAME! Now I live an hour away from the closest movie theatre. Bummer!) 
3. Start my novel. This DID happen! My mom and I are writing a book together. The first chapter is drafted, and we are full-fledged in the research phase. Exciting times!
4. Get a real massage. Thanks, Melissa :)
6. Get back to my pre-college weight. Ugh. I did this, then I un-did this. 
8. Take public transportation in Springfield. I took public transit in three French cities, Madrid, and Portland, Oregon. That should count. :)
10. Get a tattoo. Didn't happen. I'm too fickle or cheap or a weeny. One or two or all three of the above! :) However, I have a couple cool ideas for future tats.
11. Make 25 recipes found on Pinterest—blog about them. I guarantee I made over 25 recipes, but I stopped blogging about them. Oops.
Balsamic Roasted Carrots
Chicken Enchilada Soup 
Avocado Round-up
Easter eggs and peeps
 
Fortune Cookies 
Pineapple Whip
 
Brownie in a Mug
Pumpkin Spice Latte Cupcakes
Strawberry Banana Muffins
Lambert's Throwed Rolls
Curry-Spiced Mini Turkey Burgers
Pumpkin Walnut Muffins
12. Write meal-tini cookbook. I sort of gave up on this one. But I still think it's a good idea.
13. Start paying off student loans. Not like I had a choice...but this one has happened.  
15. Grow an herb garden. We have basil, oregano, thyme, rosemary, and mint!! It's so wonderful! :)
16. Read for fun, not just for school. Hallelujah for being done with number 7!!!
18. Splurge on a really nice pair of jeans. ...nope.
21. Spend 24-hours technology-free. I probably came close to that on my honeymoon...considering we were in the middle of nowhere.
22. Learn how to drive a manual car. (Changed to: Check something off my bucket list.)
24. Run a 5k. GAH! This almost happened...and then the one we planned fell on the Saturday before my wedding, which is crazy. I want to do this before 2013 is over though!
25. Have a real grown-up dinner party. I'm not sure what my definition of "real grown-up dinner party" is, but I'm sure it happened. We eat a lot. ;)

I feel like I did fairly well completing my list, considering I did WAY more cool things that weren't on the list. Like living abroad, getting married, moving across the country, etc. The first quarter of a century of my life have been good to me. Here's to three more! :) Maybe I'll start working on a 30 by 30 list!


Have you ever made a bucket list? Do you find that you actually complete things on them?

No comments:

Post a Comment