Unfortunately, the morning of the event, I realized one the pins I had pinned did not have a proper link. But I was not swayed. I just had to make it up as I went along.
|This idea for Peeps comes from|
Leigh Anne at Your Homebased Mom
|I found these devilled eggs on pinterest. Unfortunately, |
the link sent me to some obscure place where I could not find the recipe.
|my chocolate dipped peeps drying|
|My bevilled/devilled eggs--easter style. I think they are adorable.|
To create the color on the devilled eggs:
- Hard boil the eggs.
- Let them cool.
- Peel them.
- Slice in half.
- Take out yolk, and put in reserve bowl.
- Fill three [dark in color] mugs with water.
- Add 5-10 drops of food coloring into each mug.
- Place egg halves into the various colored water. [Make sure they are fully submerged.]
- Leave for 20-30 minutes, depending on how dark you want the color.
- Make yolk mix however you like it. [I add mustard, mayo, salt, pepper, and paprika until it reaches the desired texture and taste.]
- Arrange [formerly known as] whites on a plate/platter.
- Fill eggs with yolk mixture. [I used a ziplock baggie with one corner sliced off, resulting in a makeshift piping bag.]
I thought both the eggs and the peeps were delicious. However, I learned that people either love devilled eggs or hate them. People feel the same way about peeps. I love both!
Go check out my Pinterest food board, and let me know what recipe you think I should try next for my 25 before 25 challenge!