January 9, 2013

On [what's left of] 25 before 25: An update.


It's 2013, which means it's time for a [25 before 25] check-up. It's been almost a year since I first wrote this list on my half birthday, which totally blows my mind. It's amazing how much can change in a year ...in a good way!

I've LOVED doing this list. I was worried it would be cumbersome and I'd forget about it in a few weeks time. It surprised me how much I enjoyed blogging about my experiences and crossing them off the list.

Over my Christmas break (and simultaneous unintentional blog break), I accomplished several more of the items on my list. 

Here is the original list (with links to completed items) and my fresh commentary in red!


1. Go to a movie at the theatre—alone. I still need to do this! I'm thinking a Tuesday night at the local super cheap movie theatre. How can I go wrong with a dollar movie a couple blocks from my apartment? The only problem is, Tuesday night is date night with Adam. Maybe I'll go see a matinee. I'll start monitoring their web site for good movies to come out.
3. Start my novel. Ugh! This one is way more difficult than I anticipated. My mom and I have a PERFECT idea for a book to write together. This should get a good start in April (unless wedding prep gets in the way!).
4. Get a real massage. Honeymoon?
6. Get back to my pre-college weight. This actually may have happened while I was in France, but I didn't have a scale that wasn't in the metric system...the holiday tubbies are here now, but I'm back to Jazzercising, so I should be good by August.
7. Finish my master’s degree. DONE!!!!! Passed my comprehensive exams and everything! 
8. Take public transportation in Springfield. This one needs to be HIGH PRIORITY! I only have 83 days to finish!!!!
10. Get a tattoo. Birthday present from the new husband?? ;)
11. Make 25 recipes found on Pinterest—blog about them. I have 12 done//that's half. These are SO much fun to do!
Balsamic Roasted Carrots
Chicken Enchilada Soup 
Avocado Round-up
Easter eggs and peeps
 
Fortune Cookies 
Pineapple Whip
 
Brownie in a Mug
Pumpkin Spice Latte Cupcakes
Strawberry Banana Muffins
Lambert's Throwed Rolls
Curry-Spiced Mini Turkey Burgers
Pumpkin Walnut Muffins
12. Write meal-tini cookbook. AH!!!! I sent my martini glasses to my fiance's new apartment. I guess I'll have to wait until May to start this one.
13. Start paying off student loans. This will unavoidably begin in April. Woooo!
14. Get a sewing machine. THANK YOU CHRISTMAS!!! :) DONE! Unfortunately, it is also at the fiance's apartment...so I don't get to play with it yet :(
15. Grow an herb garden. Maybe I'll do this when I get back to Oregon in April.
16. Read for fun, not just for school. Good news, THIS IS HAPPENING! I've already finished a book this year. A FUN BOOK! I'll post soon about all the fun books I'm reading now that I'm a Master!
17. Reunite with “the girls” from college. Hopefully between my roommate's wedding and my own, I'll get plenty of reunite-age in! We did have a great halloween get together, as well as when Adam came to propose. 
18. Splurge on a really nice pair of jeans. I'm waiting until number 6 is a little more completely accomplished. ;)
21. Spend 24-hours technology-free. I know I've unintentionally done this several times since I wrote this list. But I want this 24 hours to be intentional, so I can reflect on it (and by reflect, I mean blog!).
22. Learn how to drive a manual car. (Changed to: Check something off my bucket list.)
24. Run a 5k. I think I'm going to sign-up for the Color Me Rad 5K in April...my mom and I will probably run it together! :)
25. Have a real grown-up dinner party. I'm not sure that I've actually defined what "real grown-up" means. But I guess once I do, I'll throw one!
I know it looks like I still have A TON to accomplish, but I'm having tons of fun with it, and that's what matters. 


No comments:

Post a Comment