January 11, 2013

On [high fiving] Friday for good books, good food, and good people.

Today I'm linking up with Lauren over at From My Grey Desk Blog for High Five for Friday.

What I've been Reading
via
Bride of New France by Suzanne Desrochers was a fast read, though depressing at times. It chronicled a girl's journey from the streets of Paris, to an overcrowded and underfunded orphanage, to a ship crossing the Atlantic, to the wilderness of Canada in the 1600s. Talk about adventure! It was written by a French Canadian woman who is working on her Phd in women migrating from Europe to North America. Interesting stuff!

What I've been eating
I've been on a serious grapefruit kick lately. Maybe because I scored a 5-lb. bag at HyVee for 3.99. Holler, bargain shopper!
I've also been craving oatmeal. Old fashioned oats slow-cooked on the stove with almond milk. Sprinkled with brown sugar, drizzled in honey. Toss in a banana, some craisins, and a few strawberries. Hello delicious!
Adam and the sushi he rolled all by himself. 
Also, (I'm going to count it as this week, even though it was technically last week) my parents and Adam and I made sushi while I was in Oregon. It was so fun and yummy!

Milestone of the Week

My dad turned 50 yesterday! Have you read the letter I wrote him for his birthday?

Tweet of the Week

I ordered my wedding invitations!!!! I can't wait for them to get here so I can mail them out. They are better than I could have imagined.

I can be pretty entertaining on Twitter. Follow me here.

Best Compliment of the Week

During a text conversation with Adam (while he was watching a documentary about Mark Twain), I received this text.

"If Mark Twain were a woman living in 2013, her name would be Kelly Bevill."

He sure knows how to woo me! :)


Instagram of the Week
Follow me on Instagram! @kellybevill
I was waiting to get my tires replaced (SUCCESS!), and this was hanging in the waiting room. Below is a picture of the chairs in there though, so anything goes I guess.

How was your week? Anything to high five about?

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Found you through the High Five link up. I am a new follower via Facebook. Would love for you to visit me at http://peaceitalltogether.blogspot.com.

    Sybil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Sybil! I'lll be sure to visit your blog! :)

      Delete
  2. Oooo wedding planning!! So fun!! I loved planning mine! Looks like you had a good week! Btw I read your about me section...Big Bang Theory is the shiz! Hahaha! Love it! Stopping by from the link-up, Happy Friday!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Miss Riss! Wedding planning is really fun, and way less stressful than people make it out to be. :)

      This season of BBT has been the most HILARIOUS yet! I feel like after every new episode I decide it is the funniest one ever.

      Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete