November 7, 2009

walking confidently.

I left part of me behind today...again. This time there was a lot less love. And it was a lot harder. That's why it can't continue. Because each time I put myself through that I will be a little more hurt, a little more sad, and a little more broken.

I found myself at Barnes and Noble today. I may have spent more than I should have and definitely more than I anticipated - but I don't regret it.

I bought a beautiful journal. To me this is a symbol of writing - what I love and am passionate about. A journal is a faithful companion. It never argues or says hurtful things. It always listens, is always there, and always remembers what I say.
And it keeps my deepest secrets safe.

I bought a novel I've been wanting to read, a magnet to give as a gift, a devotional, another book, and a mug (I used to collect mugs when I was younger) that has a quote on it that means a lot to me. It was a quote that I quoted in the speech I gave at my high school graduation.

"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams.
Live the life you've imagined."
- Henry David Thoreau




Each step is a decision.

1 comment:

  1. It's when times are hardest that we can changed the most. I can't think of a time when great personal change was not precede by great personal distress.
    I ask God to comfort you through this time.

    ReplyDelete