November 12, 2008

Things I am Thankful For

I hate starting blogs because I always feel like a failure when I don't keep them up. But this time...I would say adamantly that I will do it. But I can't say that for sure...so instead I will just try.
Obviously as a college student I don't always have very much extra time. And when I do I probably don't spend my time in the most productive ways.

For the month of November (starting the 10th because I didn't think of it sooner), I decided to dedicate my status on Facebook to things I am thankful for.
The first one I did said that I was "thankful for rainboots." While this might seem silly, it really is something that I am thankful for. The day that I posted it, it was stormy and rainy and nasty. While all my fellow Evangelites had wet shoes and pants...I was happy and dry and warm. Plus, everyone is always jealous of my wonderful rainboots.
I got my first pair of rainboots in high school. They were black with white polka dots. I still have them, but they are mostly all worn out and sometimes leak.
I now have five pairs of rainboots. And I love each of them dearly. And I am thankful for them...and for the people who gave them to me...and for the way they keep me safe from the rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment