January 25, 2013

On [another] High Five for Friday!

It's the weekend, y'all!!! Woo hoo!!!

I was SO ready for the weekend yesterday. And, lucky for me, my weekend started last night since I have Fridays off. I was so happy to Jazzercise the night away!

Today I'm linking up with Lauren at From My Grey Desk Blog for another High Five for Friday post!

What I've Been Reading
I finished The History of Love (which I mentioned last week). Let me tell you, best book I've read in 2013, hands down! After I finished it, I didn't want to be done, so I was dramatically reading excerpts to Adam over the phone. He graciously listened!

"Once upon a time there was a boy who loved a girl, and her laughter was the question he wanted to spend his whole life answering." (p. 11) SIGH! So precious!

"He learned to live with the truth. Not to accept it, but to live with it. It was like living with an elephant. His room was tiny, and every morning he had to squeeze around the truth just to get to the bathroom. To reach the armoire to get a pair of underpants he had to crawl under the truth, praying it wouldn't choose that moment to sit on his face. At night, when he closed his eyes, he felt it looming above him." (p. 156)

Writing like that makes me want to write, and to become a better writer.

Since finishing that amazingly poetic book, I haven't found other book I'm loving. Any suggestions?

What I've Been Eating
I've been eating a lot of leftovers, which isn't bad because I LOVE LEFTOVERS! Once, I found out my cousin's (now) husband didn't like leftovers and I was sure it could be a potential deal-breaker. Turns out, he's awesome and just likes variety in his eating life. TOTALLY understandble!

Tonight I made some quiche with some sausage my roommate got me for Christmas. It also features corn, spinach and cheese. Holy delicious! Also, I substituted 1/3 of the flour in the crust for cornmeal. Great life decision!

What I've Been Up To
This is SOLD, by the way!
I'm in the processing of transplanting my life from Missouri to Oregon, so I'm selling ALL of my furniture. I put a bunch of pictures up on Facebook and was inundated with requests to come see different items. Adam likes to tease me about my little used furniture business that I have on the side.

I also crossed something off my [25 before 25] list this week! I can't tell you what it is, because soon I'll be posting a whole blog post about it! But here is a clue!

Over on the other blog...
I'm participating in Ann Voscamp's 2013 Joy Dare over on Being Joyful Always! Join me?

Pinterest Pin of the Week
via
Isn't this amazing!!!!!?!?! Bacon art!! Who knew?

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment