December 17, 2010

2010

via
At the beginning of 2010 I resolved to “do as many crazy things as possible without getting seriously injured or arrested.”
While I’m sure I didn’t do as much as possible, I think 2010 was a good year in the crazy department. (I also refrained from serious injury as well as detainment of law enforcement!)
2010 was a year of firsts and a year of lasts.
It was a year of love and a year of heartache.
It was a year of goodbyes and year of hellos.
But mostly, 2010 was a year of finding myself and who I am in the Lord.
More and more this year I have been taught and reminded that I am a beloved creation put on this planet to love other people. That isn’t always easy and it isn’t always fun, but it is fulfilling.
God tells us that he wants to give us abundant life. Sometimes that comes in ways we don’t expect. Abundant life flourishes when we give of ourselves to others. When we give ourselves, people give back themselves. The gift of relationship is priceless.
The Bible paints a beautiful picture of how we are each love letters written from Christ on one another’s hearts. You are each letters written to show me the love of Christ. I hope I am able to be a letter that portrays even a glimpse of his love to the people around me.
So even if I didn’t do as many “crazy” things as I had hoped in 2010, I think loving people might be the craziest thing I could have resolved to do—and I’ll continue doing just that.

"You yourselves are our letter, written on our hearts, known and read by everyone. You show that you are a letter from Christ...written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts." 2 Corinthians 3:2-3 

No comments:

Post a Comment