January 17, 2013

On [making my own] Take-Out: Red Curry with Beef & Veggies.


Red Curry with Beef & Veggies
(adapted from back of the Thai Kitchen Red Curry Paste bottle)
(makes 4 servings//390 calories per serving)

Bring 1 can (13.5 oz) coconut milk to simmer in large skillet
Stir in 2 tbsp. red curry paste and 1 tbsp. brown sugar
Bring to boil
Simmer 5 minutes
Stir in 1 pound meat (I chose beef, which I pre-browned)
Add some assorted cut-up vegetables (I chose 1 can water chestnuts, 1 red and 1 green bell pepper, 2 carrots, and a couple handfuls of spinach)
Cook until vegetables are "tender-crisp"

The original recipe calls for fish oil, which I didn't have on hand and didn't feel like buying (since I'm moving in 2 months). Instead, I added some salt and called it good.

Serve over jasmine rice.

For best results, watch while Skyping with your significant other. Enjoy with a tall glass of water.

Clear your palate with a piece of leftover Christmas chocolate (Fair Trade Organic dark chocolate from Trader Joe's).

No comments:

Post a Comment