March 10, 2012

[25 before 25] Pinterest Recipe No. 1: Balsamic Roasted Carrots.

My version of [blackberry] balsamic roasted carrots.
Find the original recipe here.
The first Pinterest recipe I decided to try for number 11 on my 25 before 25 list was Balsamic Roasted Carrots from Crumb blog. It's a fun foodie blog and the colorful nature of her carrots intrigued me. I decided to throw some green bell peppers on the pan too, because I only had orange carrots and I wanted the full colorful experience.

One thing this project taught me: I need to learn more about food photography. I think 90 percent of food blogging is in the photos.

Another thing I learned: this recipe made vegetables taste like dessert. So definitely try it! I followed the recipe exactly EXCEPT:
  • I used regular carrots instead of "tender young carrots" (I thought it worked fine) 
  • I used dried thyme instead of fresh thyme (though once I have an herb garden, hopefully that will change!)
  • I used blackberry balsamic vinegar instead of plain balsamic vinegar. 
SO YUMMY! I really liked that I already had all the ingredients for this recipe on hand. This would work excellently as a side dish (or by itself at 10 a.m. on a Saturday morning)...definitely keeping this pinned for future reference! Go check out my Pinterest food board and tell me what you think I should try next! For more earthy Earth Day Recipes visit Lifeologia's blog.

2 comments:

  1. I made these a few months ago and LOVED them! So good and so easy!

    I just came across your blog and I am really enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Maggie! I'm glad you stopped by. You're welcome back anytime! :)

      Delete